Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Gleanings from Week 2

I guess I could say that I gleaned a bit of information from the required Dana reading in regards to the different types of action research being done. Times have changed: when my husband took his Master's classes, his research class was a true "research" class. He had to pour over tons and tons a numbers and statistics to "prove" his research. I have learned that through action research this is not always the case. You hear a lot of talk about qualitative research. This is the "stuff" that is not measurable in numbers, making it hard for me to grasp the entire action research process. This week's readings did open my mind to what action research involves and how it can be used to benefit a campus and staff.

1 comment:

  1. Formally reading about action research has made me realize that most educators engage in some type of action research regularly. We are always trying to research new techniques, strategies, practices....show how the are beneficial or not so much, etc.

    ReplyDelete